Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Movie Review: Flightplan 2

When I first saw the posters for Flightplan 2, I said to myself, "How can Jodie Foster possibly improve upon her spellbinding performance in Flightplan Uno?" However, I knew I couldn't miss another Jodie Foster where-the-hell-is-my-child classic thriller. After all, no one else could possibly hold so much panic in two pupils. But how could one improve on such perfection? 

Flightplan 2 seems to draw inspiration from its co-stars, fresh off the plane from other movies. Cilian Murphy stars as a vampiric stalker who sits next to Jodie Foster's unsuspecting child on a late night plane trip. After surviving a panic room incident and sleeping soundly while surrounded by bombs on a plane, this little girl can survive anything. But she can handle snakes? A Japanese gangster played by some Asian guy releases a slither of snakes upon the passengers. Luckily, the passengers were ready this time and brought their snakebite-resistant breastguards and tamed mongeese. Samuel L. Jackson also makes a motherfuckin' cameo on this motherfuckin' movie as a renegade cop who knows absolutely nothing about snakes. 

My favorite scene was definitely at the climax when Jodie Foster stabbed a python in the throat with a pen and pulled her daugther out of his mouth. However, I was slightly disappointed by the end of the movie when (SPOILER ALERT!) Fat Albert crash lands the plane on a tropical island inhabited by polar bears. How random. Overall, I would give this movie one and a half thumb digits up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment